Teeth teeth teeth Peace

Le girlfriend posted a really old picture of us yesterday in Facebook ( actually not really old, picture took when we were 18 ) and I really can use "stunted" this word to describe my face emotion once I clicked into that picture. A real WOW. That 18 years old me was so....NOT ME. Such a big difference. I know this is a bit embarrassing but I gotta admit that I actually love my appearance much ever since I was born until now. Or I would say since I know how to differentiate what is nice and what is not. I used to think that I look pretty okay but...... I gotta say now I look much better. Not to say I am very pretty now but at least... I can smile naturally in every picture without keep on OS "omg how to smile do I look weird how to hide my teeth etc etc etc" in my heart which I usually did last time. You must be thinking " Just a picture, why think so much?"

What a weird smile. Still a little part of white teeth spotted.
Failed to cover. =.=

What was I thinking by that time? I remember I still thought I am so pretty that night.
With heavy make up, fake lens, and.....weird smile. Anyone please save me.
Last time I must be sot sot dei. =.=

Zoom in. From this picture you can actually find out that I was trying so hard to made my mouth close as tight as it can.
I even wished I have a magic glue to stick my lips up whenever I took picture. Aiks.

If you are born with proper straight perfect nice teeth, sure you won't understand how I felt last time. As what many people say, smile is the universal language. For us who don't have nice teeth, no matter how we smile, either we look funny or we look weird. Sometimes when I met some really nice guy, you will not know how badly I wanted to give them my sweet smile. But afterall what I can do is just act cool. I don't want to show them my teeth to scare them away. I remember that last time I always smile with mouth closed tightly whenever I took picture just to hide my teeth. I know this is silly cause obviously I am failed. Anyway I just don't care. And at the end end up me in every single picture carrying a weird smile. Sigh. >.<
Found one picture I smile without hide my teeth. You think this is okay?
You think I look not bad? Really?
But wait... Have I told you I was actually not smiling?
I just slightly opened my mouth and this was the outcome.
=.=

It is freaking sad you know? Especially these are my sixth form night pictures!!! All these pictures I still have to show it to my future children, future grandchildren, future grandgrandchildren.... Arghhh! ( Start to worry that if in future my children also don't have nice teeth and accidentally they found out these pictures then they will use all these as prove to blame me for passing bad genes to them OMG. NNNOOOOOO!!! )


Ehem. Kay, back to topic. So I really feel so so so so so so so so glad that I made a wise decision at age 19 to go for orthodontic treatment. The wisest decision in my life I would say. And seriously, everything changed after that. The very first thing of course is my mummy's money fly away into my dentist's pocket. LOL Then, I started to date a dentist and we met once a month. Frankly speaking, nice straight teeth for whole lifetime exchange with  tolerable pain for few days each month. Totally worth it.

Picture which  I edited ages but lazy to do a new one so post this old pic here.
Compare. The teeth is so different.
Left side: Big big smile still..teeth is so straight.
Right side: Not really smiling but......

Another picture.
2009.2010.2011.2012
Somehow I feel that after braces shaped my teeth, my face become smaller.
Now I can smile naturally and nicely. :D

After almost two years of treatment, I walked out from the dentistry with perfect straight teeth after the last consultation. My last date with le dentist. I am really confident now that my smile looks great. :D



I hope that if any of you suffering the same problem like what I did last time and still considering whether you wanna go for orthodontic or not, don't wait. Just go for it. I promise you, you will not regret.
不要怕痛,痛的话,忍一忍就过去了 :)

That's all.
Happy reading.

Comments

Popular Posts