Antoinette @ Mandarin Gallery


Girls should always learn to pamper ourselves once in a while. There are too many things out there that we can do to make ourselves happy, and you cannot deny that having some nice desserts is one of the best ways. 

It is always more fun for me to have desserts with girlfriends instead of boyfriend lolol. Cause my boyfriend don't really fancy for sweet cakes pies tarts or whatever. Sometimes I really wonder why boys are so different with girls. I have a sweet tooth. Sweet food has always been a sense of comfort food for me. 

So, where is the best place to hang out with girlfriends? I bet you know the answer don't you? Yes you are right! Some places with nice ambiance and offer good looking desserts! Yum yum! And we found this restaurant "Antoinette". It has a few branches but the one we went is located in Mandarin Gallery @ Orchard Road.



-Antoinette-

This branch is indeed quite small but decor is amazing. Classy yet vintage feel make this restaurant great for high-tea sessions.


All chairs are covered with cushions and that are so comfortable that they wrapped around your body once you sank into them. 



This restaurant is named after 18th-century French queen famed for her excessive lifestyle.
Lolol so is that mean that when we are there we will be treated as queens?


Exterior look.


All desserts look very chio! Omg we had a really hard time decide which to choose. If only if I have a very huge appetite and very rich, I will order all I swear. 


Because I only have an appetite of bird fml, I only got to try some of them. T____T
I want more I want moreeee.



I was not able to take my eyes off.
Don't really like macaroons but I can't resist to order each time I see them arranged nicely in the fridge.
Girls being girls lmao.



Chocolate which believe to melt in your mouth within 0.01 second lol.
Unfortunately, I am not a fan of chocolate.
SO SAD. No need  Din get to try this. :p




Let me eat cake.


Le Royale, something that cannot be missed in Antoinette.
Contains Dark Chocolate Mousse 64%, Almond Meringue, Hazelnut Almond Feuilletine, Chocolate Genoise and Dark Rum.


Antoinette, a signature dessert that worth trying.
This is a cake which infuse milk chocolate mousse with earl grey tea, dark chocolate earl grey tea cremeux, earl grey tea crumble and chocolate biscuit. Wondering what is the jelly like thing at the top of the dessert? It is actually raspberry coulis which tasted a bit sweet and sour.



My another favourite, Strawberry Shortcake.
Japanese shortcake sponge, kirsch syrup, fresh strawberries and creme Chantilly all mix together.
Always think that strawberry is a must to eat when having dessert. Guess I just love strawberry too much lol.
This tastes really good!


And last but not least, macaroons!
From left to right: Rose, Antoinette, Violette.
Rose made use of rose petal cream, Antoinette which seem to be another signature macaroons made use of earl grey tea ganache with raspberry confiture and Violette ( my favourite ) made use of Violet flower cream. As simple as that!


Me with a table of cakes.
At first we actually want to order the high tea set instead of cakes, because they are offering high tea special menu which costs 60sgd++ for two pax. But then informed by the waiter that we actually cannot share that high tea set among three people, if we only order for 2 pax, the third person must never eat or touch that food. If they actually found out the third person eat the food, they will fine three of us don't know for how much. 20 sgd per person if I'm not wrong. Wthhh right. Haha. Have FINE somemore.



So the waiter insisted us to order for 3 pax, mean add extra 30++ for the third person sharing. Lolol. We are just poor kids we have no budget for that because after tax and everything I think it will be around 40sgd ++ for one pax. So then we rather went and picked some cakes.
Our bill end up around 74sgd. Mean around 24- 25 sgd per person. :)



My girls, Shin Mei and Jen Huey.
So happy to spent some quality time together and purely talked craps lolol.


Was pouring my tea called French Apple Tart.
A sinful bouquet of the finest freeze-dried granny smith apple bits, juicy with a soft, rounded mouth feel and plush texture. Classic and simple.



Look like tais tais lol.
They both having The de porcelaine rose tea and organic Ying Yang.



Queens of the day!
By the way, the three girls which sat two tables away from us actually ordered the high tea set for two pax and an additional slice of cake. We are so geh poh hahaha. Then my girlfriend told me the waiter actually keep walked pass that table for 18937287400 times just to check the third girl's plate to ensure she did not eat the food. Aiyo need like that meh?







Kthxbye.
Will definitely go back again to try more desserts. 
Want to try another branch next time. 
Till then. Xoxo.



Comments

Popular Posts